This page contains additional information about some of our different insurance lines, what they cover, and why you might need them.

Scroll down to learn more, or Click Here to Contact Us to get in touch with one of our insurance experts who can walk you through the process and help you get the coverage that is right for you.

Primary Home & Condo


Purchasing homeowner’s insurance can get confusing, and at Spearhead we understand this.

Although you are not legally required to purchase home insurance as you are with car insurance, many mortgage companies are requiring it as part of their finance agreements with home owners. If you are faced with the sometimes daunting task of shopping for homeowner’s insurance, don’t fret!Spearhead Insurance Group is an independent insurance agency that can shop multiple carriers to get you the best home insurance policy available to you!

Homeowner’s coverage doesn’t have to be difficult to understand.

Typically, a basic Texas homeowner’s insurance policy will cover the following:
  • The structure of your home
  • Replacement costs
  • Personal possessions (up to a set limit)
  • Living expenses in case of a disaster
  • Liability
You can also add supplemental policies such as:
  • Valuable Articles/Floater policies (i.e. Jewelry Insurance)
  • Flood policies
  • Earthquake policies
  • Umbrella policies (additional liability)
  • Animal Liability (liability issues due to household pets)

The needs of every home owner are different and your home insurance policy should reflect that.

The agents at Spearhead Insurance Group will create a homeowner’s insurance policy that will best suit you and your family. Contact us today for more information on our comprehensive homeowner’s insurance policy options. Fill out our quick and simple form for a free home insurance quote!

Second Home Insurance

As much as you expend efforts to purchase your dream second home, it is important to select appropriate vacation home insurance policy.

Legally speaking, you are required to have a certain minimum amount of coverage when you have your second home mortgaged. However, there are many insurance policies to ensure that your vacation home obtains maximum coverage and protection.

Most homeowners policies do not protect against loss from Flood or Earthquake. Our policy protects you against those and more. Your home and personal property will be covered for all causes of loss except those specifically excluded.

Auto Insurance

Insuring your car will protect you from financial loss if you are ever involved in an auto accident. An auto insurance policy is essentially an agreement between yourself and your insurer that provides you with property, liability and medical coverage. Although many people opt for minimum liability coverage, an auto policy may insurance any of the following protections…

Bodily Injury Liability

Bodily injury liability covers the designated driver or policy holder if they injure others. If you have family members listed on your policy, they are also covered if driving another person’s vehicle with their permission.If you opt for the minimum liability coverage, be careful- the amount you purchase may not completely cover you if you are involved in a serious accident or are served with a lawsuit. Buying more than the state required minimum will protect your assets- like your home, boat, and savings- if you get into an accident.

Medical Payments

Medical payments (or personal injury protection plans) pay for the care of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car in the event of an accident. Depending on the amount of coverage you choose, medical payments coverage can cover medical costs, lost wages, and possible funeral costs.

Property Damage Liability

Property damage liability coverage covers the damage you, or someone driving your car with your permission, does to another person’s property. Usually, this includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, buildings, fences, or other structures you may hit.


Collision coverage covers damage that to your car that results from a collision with another vehicle or object. This type of coverage also covers your car against damage from potholes, or if it flips over. You can choose a relatively low deductable or a high one- but keep in mind that a higher deductable will result in a lower premium.


If you car is stolen or is damaged by something other than a collision with another car or object (i.e. fire, falling objects, explosions, hail, vandalism, etc.). Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered. Some companies offer glass coverage with or without a deductible.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage

If you are hit by an uninsured driver, or are the victim of a hit and run accident, this type of coverage will reimburse you, a member of your family, or a designated driver. Underinsured motorist coverage is used when an at-fault driver does not have enough insurance to pay for the costs to repair your vehicle. This coverage can also come into play if you are hit as a pedestrian.

Spearhead Insurance Group can help you find the coverage that fits your driving needs. We are sensitive to all of you’re auto insurance issues and will compare policies and rates to find what’s right for you!

Apartment Insurance

If it’s inside your walls, it’s yours, and you need to protect it.

In today’s world we all tend to accumulate possessions, and the value of contents can add up very quickly. Making sure you have sufficient coverage can help you get back on track a whole lot easier than if you try to go it alone. You’ve worked too hard for what you have to lose it all in moment’s notice. Let us take the risk.

The experts at Spearhead are just a click away. Don’t wait another minute – get a free apartment quote today!

Put Spearhead Insurance Group to work for you! Ask about our discounts and special programs. Many discounts are available on renters policies, especially for certain safety features such an interior and/or exterior sprinkler system.

Why Should You Have Apartment Insurance?

The answer is simple: you sleep better at night and feel better when you are away.

Often, renters don’t realize that the owner/landlord has insurance for the building but what is inside your walls is not covered unless you insure it yourself.

It doesn’t matter if you’re renting an apartment, a condo, or a home – most likely, your landlord’s policy is not going pay for that beautiful plasma TV or any other furniture or personal items in the event of theft or other common types of loss, such as fire or water damage.

Additional Coverage

Renters policy coverage, sometimes called “apartment insurance,” not only protects personal property like your TV, furniture, and clothing from a variety of losses, but can also include liability coverage which could help if someone is accidentally injured on the property due to negligence, such as slipping on a wet floor in the kitchen.

Landlord General Liability

Owning an investment property brings with it a large degree of liability.

In addition to the building itself, you may be responsible for injuries received by others while they are on your property.

If you own an investment property, you should make sure that you carry adequate insurance coverage.

Accidents may occur and ultimately cause damage to your investment property. If you do not have the necessary insurance, you will be responsible for the full financial cost.

You could also be held responsible for damage to their belongings.